Training is 20% and diet is 80% of your results. We all know that! Regardless of your goals in the gym, eating the right food will make a great difference. Even though clean eating is so popular nowadays, it's surprising how little we actually know about nutrition. And despite of that you might have heard, it doesn't have to be complicated, expensive and time consuming. It is all about understanding the basics and listening to your own body. Oh, and it is not a diet. It is a lifestyle!
Here are few of my top nutrition tips:
1. EAT A RAINBOW - try to make every meal you have as colourful as possible. You will soon realise all the colours come from your fresh fruit and vegetables and it is the 'beige' foods that make us put on the pounds.
2. DON'T LET YOURSELF GET HUNGRY - this is where most of people go wrong. You start your day with good breakfast, you have your snack at 10 and then you forget cause there were meetings, projects, stress. You get home at 6pm and consume everything you see in your fridge. STOP! Set a reminder on your phone and always have healthy snacks handy. We are all busy, don't let it be your excuse
3. FAIL TO PREPARE AND PREPARE TO FAIL - I cannot stress enough how important meal prep is. If you have your lunchbox ready you can't go wrong! I spend few hours in the kitchen on Sunday to prepare my meals and snacks and never get tempted with a take away. To motivate yourself put away all the money you would spend on a lunch deal in a shop. By the end of the month you will be able to afford a new top or pair of shoes!
4. KEEP HYDRATED - seems straight forward. Then why we don't do it? You should drink at least 2-3l of water a day for fat loss. First, drinking water helps you feel fuller, so you don't eat as much. Secondly, drinking water can actually help speed up your metabolism and flush out the toxins. If your liver doesn't have to waste it's time and energy on bringing down the toxicity of your body from all the takeaways, smoking and drinking it can deal with breaking down the fat cells!
If you need inspiration with your recipes get my HEALTH TRANSITION PLAN!
- packed with lots of delicious and healthy recipes
- even more tips on how to get healthy and fit this year
- you will even receive a 10 week programme to reach your goals!
- it's ONLY £6.99!